Validity period: 17/05/2023 - 31/05/2023
Duty Station: HEAD OFFICE
Position: Senior Internal Controls Officer
Department: Internal Controls
The Senior Internal Controls Officer is responsible for conducting Investigations on areas of non-compliance with Regulations, laws, Policies and Procedures including fraud, conducting root cause analysis of fraud/negligence and provide FINCA Uganda management with a gap analysis and recommendations on the changes needed to protect the company from such incidents. She/He will be responsible for leading Teams on assigned tasks especially relating to special reviews and reviewing delivery channels and the control environment around products delivery.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Carrying out investigations on areas of non-compliance with Regulations, Laws, policies and Procedures as assigned by the Internal Controls Manager.
- Conducting Fraud investigations on all areas of potential exposure to loss by FINCA Uganda within limits as instructed by the Internal Controls Manager.
- Maintaining a high standard of record for each investigation carried out, and producing appropriate, accurate and timely reports to the Internal Controls Manager.
- Carrying out comprehensive review of FINCA Uganda digital transformation strategy implementation including reviewing of compliance with digital channels and products with policies and procedures.
- Carrying out formal root cause analysis for all breaches and fraud/ negligence incidents investigated and a gap analysis report provided to Management with clear recommendations to close the gaps including active participation in remedial actions
- Monitoring the tracking of remedial actions from Investigation Reports and reviews done on digital channels to ensure closure and implementation working with the Process Owners.
- Analysing records, data of previous fraud cases and data analytics to inform program controls and improvements in the Control environment.
- Leading and managing teams set up in the Internal Control Function to carry out special assignments on instructions of the Internal Controls Manager
- Carrying out reviews of IT and other Projects to ensure that control requirements are appropriately considered executed and reported.
- Carrying out monthly comprehensive User Access Rights reviews to various systems and ensuring that there is no unauthorized access to them and reporting to the internal Controls Manager.
- Timely provision of Investigation reports as per determined frequency, monthly and quarterly reports on activities and the state of the control environment to the Internal Controls Manager
- Reviewing reports of IT Projects, Delivery channels and Products controls compliance with active participation in remedial actions.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- High Integrity and professionalism
- Good analytical and organizational skills
- Good problem solving and decision making skills
- Good conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Good change management skills
- Ability to use good judgment and handle confidential information
- Should be customer centric
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and to satisfy customer service requirements
- Ability to identify, understand and address business needs and strategies
- Ability to handle stress and to deal with extreme changes in work volume
Qualifications and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or any other business related field. Professional certification in fraud and forensics will be an added advantage
At least 3 years’ experience in Internal Controls /Audit environment and Risk & control experience within a banking environment.
How to Apply:
All candidates who so wish to take up this role in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to send their applications with detailed CVs including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates to: email@example.com
Deadline: 30th May 2023